Videos are a great way to connect with visitors to your website and nearly everyone has a powerful video camera in their pocket–their smartphone. With a little practice and these few tips you can create great footage for your website. In addition to livening up your website, videos are also a great way to connect to visitors on Facebook and YouTube.
Here are ten simple tips for recording videos on your phone
1. Record outdoors whenever possible. Bright, natural light is always better, but stay out of direct sunlight.
2. If you have to record indoors, make sure there’s plenty of light. Just avoid windows or lighting directly behind your subject as it can wash them out.
3. Always turn your phone and shoot horizontally. If you don’t your videos will be sideways when you watch them on your computer or TV.
4. Keep the microphone as close to your subject as possible. Don’t be afraid to ask them to speak up.
5. Subjects should look just off camera and the camera should be at the same height as the person’s head. You don’t want to be looking up or down at them.
6. Be sure there is space above your subject’s head and in the direction they’re looking at.
7. Keep it steady. Phones are light and jump around. Brace your elbows at your side or on a table, or invest in a small tripod.
8. Watch your fingers. Don’t cover the microphone or the lens.
9. Don’t zoom in and out as it often results in poor image quality.
10. Avoid walking or moving shots as they can result in shaky, unstable footage.
These are our tips, what are yours? Share in the comments.