I found this summary of a non-denominational study on why parishioner’s go to a church’s website. You can read the whole article here, but here’s the top reasons they’re looking at your website:
- 43% – Checking mass times
- 29% – Checking times of other events (youth groups, bible study, etc.)
- 28% – Streaming Audio and Video
Other reasons mentioned for going to a church’s website in order of popularity:
- Researching religious beliefs
- Requesting a prayer
- Downloading a podcast
- Sending a message
- Utilizing the parish’s discussion forums or bulletin boards
I found the streaming of audit and video interesting, but this study was non-denominational and probably does also speak to the growing importance of video.
Here’s a few past blog entry describing the content you need on your church’s website:
How many of these items does your church’s website have?