One of the great things about the iPad has been to truly bring print media such as magazines into the digital world without losing all of the great formatting we enjoy with them. Now you can get great Catholic magazines this way on your iPad. As a Florida resident and parishioner in the Diocese of St. Augustine, I was particularly happy to see St. Augustine Catholic Magazine offered (the app for this magazine is also compatible with the iPhone and iPod Touch). Likewise, I am a fan of CatholicTV® which also has it’s iCatholic Magazine available on the iPad.
Here’s what I particularly love about these two apps:
1. Current and past issues are available.
2. Download the issues I want to be able to read offline or I read over a wifi connection without downloading the issue.
3. Browsing the magazine is simple. I can touch an article in the Table of Contents or view pages as thumbnails to select the page I want to go to.
4. A double-tap on a page gives me control to enlarge the text through a pinch-and-zoom while dragging the page around to continue reading.
5. I can search through past issues for something I might have remembered and want by using the search feature in the “Menu” at thebottom.
Again, these are two great apps for Catholics. Don’t have an iPad? No problem. Both magazines can be viewed on your computer as digital versions with a similar experience by simply visiting the links above for each. Both apps are free right now with no charge for the issues (which could always change).
Links and QR Codes are below to get these two apps:
- Click here to go to the St. Augustine Catholic Magazine App or scan the QR Code below
- Click here to go to the iCatholic Magazine App or scan the QR Code below