This past week, Barnes and Noble released the long-awaited software update to the Nook Color. Like any software update, it’s rolled out to owners incrementally. But Barnes and Noble also offers the ability to download the update file and install it manually.
The update gives users some great new capabilities:
- Apps that can be purchased directly on the Nook Color through the shop section.
- An internal email application that can be set up to send and receive emails as well as get “offline” viewing without having to go to web pages in the browser to use your email.
- Page turning “animation” (which is a scrolling feature) compared to a screen refresh when changing pages
- A selection of “Enhanced” ebooks which contain things like embedded video within the ebooks.
- Flash capability when viewing web pages.
So how do you get the update today? It’s easy:
- Click here to go to the Nook Color support page to download the file to your computer. (save it to your desktop)
- Then follow the instructions on the support page under “Get Version 1.2.0 Today” on the support page.