We’ve completed the overhaul of our community discussion forums – and it’s got some incredible features! You can reach it from the frontpage, or you can just bookmark http://Forums.CatholicTechTalk.com.
Based on the popular Invision Power Services IP. Board 3, the new forum has an extensive list of features including:
- Easy sign-in and registration. You can even register and connect with your Facebook or Twitter account.
- Wide-range of topic categories to participate in. Did we miss something? Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions.
- Ability to customize your avatar and profile with all of your relevant social media connections.
- Posting to a forum topic is a snap. You can also use the ‘Fast Reply’ option for quick replies.
- Get notified of followup posts via e-mail. You can even follow or ‘watch’ threads that you haven’t even posted in.
- Social Sharing so you can spread a topic into Facebook, Twitter and other social networks.
- Online polls.
- Re-captcha and challenge/response to keep spammers at bay.
- …and all the commonly found features of a modern discussion forum.
Is that it? Not quite…
Access the forums ‘On The Go’
As a techie-type person, you probably use other means of accessing ‘the web’ – not just your desktop or laptop. No problem! Our forum is Tapatalk activated. That means you can download an app for your iPhone/iPad or Android-device and access the forums on the go.
For iPhone users, you can even download a free app from Invision.
NOTE: If you use these apps to connect, be sure to enter the forum address as http://forums.catholictechtalk.com.
What can you discuss on the forums?
Just about anything! In addition to all of the requisite ‘techie’ topics, you can start off in the ‘Meet and Greet’ forum or chat in ‘The Coffee Shop’. We’ve also created a special forum, ‘Tech Support’, to ask for help with hardware or software problems.
The main forum categories are:
- Building Websites – Content Management Systems, Blogging, Hosting, Development, Administration.
- Faith and Ministry – The New Evangelization, Technology in Ministry, and Resources.
- Gear and Gadgets – No tech site is complete without a discussion of all our ‘stuff’.
- Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, and Location-Based.
- Multimedia – Photography, Video, Podcasting, and Music production.
- Work Avenue – Looking for tech workers for a project? For long-term hire? Are you looking for your next gig? Start Here.